15 December 2008

neither here nor there


Cough. Cough. Cough.

That's all I've been doing since last Wednesday. And trying to catch hold of my running nose. The cigs haven't been helping, obviously, so I'm going on a drastic reduction programme, at least until I stop hurting my lungs with all the coughing and hacking and throat-clearing.

I have too, if I plan to enjoy the sea, sun and sand in a couple of weeks' time. And to soak in the alcohol and nicotine at a fraction of the usual price. On saying that, perhaps I should stick to a strict cig-rationing schedule when I'm there; sort of a test to gauge the feasibility and effectiveness of any potential quitting attempts. Yes, I think I'll do that. And stop adding Coke to my liquor mixtures. The things I have to do to live a couple of years longer...sigh.

On another note, I fully intent to change the layout and general feel of my (this) blog. I'm a bit bored with the aged paper, parchment appearance; I'm thinking something more contemporary, like Minima or Denim. Little less graphics, and a little more conversation. I'm also contemplating changing the blog title (not the http) to something else; something more personal and less cryptic. We'll see how it goes, it'll be work in progress for the next two weeks.

Off to a totally blond subject, I've got a new pair of shoes. It looks rather smart, and it's already affecting the way I walk - fearful of absolutely anything that may mar it's smooth surface and leathery scent. After what happened to my Hush Puppies, I think many will empathise with me on this one. There's already a stain on my other new pair, which is a source of considerable consternation. They sure as hell don't make leather shoes like they used to.

Due to the malfunctioning GSC website, I'm now the lucky holder of four reserved tickets for The Day the Earth Stood Still. For tonight. I'm torn between trumpeting the clarion for recruits, or indulging in the much scorned-upon act of solitaire movie-watching. Decisions, decisions. Then again, I'm not even sure I'm that much into science fiction to fork out close to twenty bucks tonight; have never really been a fan of X-Files, Star Trek or Matrix. Star Wars, I like, but that's because it contains high doses of fantasy in the fabric that makes up the galaxy far, far away. As does Dune.

I digress. Okie, 9 o'clock movie it is then. Just to show (albeit defiantly) that singlehood will not stop me from visiting the cinema. Onwards march!


No comments: