18 December 2008

single mocha male


I have this sneaky feeling that almost every female in KL is attached in one way or another to someone else. Either that, or I'm inadvertently making it a point of visiting couples-only joints. And if the latter proves to be the case, then where exactly do singletons hang out? Or have roles been reversed where couples club and singles sit at home watching TV on weekends?


Although, I must say, it could also be some reverse psychological, defence mechanism-like thingy, akin to the fox and the grapes. We will never really know if the fox was plain sore or if he indeed could predict the state of matters with such accuracy by just looking at something intently; a disgruntled furball or a visionary? Aesop never really studied the matter in-depth.

Yeah, the Rules of the Game is in my possession now, though I'm not sure if I'll even start on it before the year ends. There's nothing more deflating than false hope and baseless advice. Think about, you follow every drop of wisdom spat out by the author with religious fervour, only to discover you're not much further away than where you had started from. Imagine, even after all the changes applied to the hair, the style, the behaviour, the speech, the results are the same...I guess the consolation will be that at least you can now fail in style. I shouldn't be so negative, though, at least not before I've read it. It just seems too good to be true, though. How wonderful life would be if all we have to do to resolve issues is to read something. Then again, with falling literary interests among the general public, it may not be such a given.

I think one of my resolutions will be to refrain from unnecessary drinking. It's not only costly, it's emotionally damaging.

I've now taken sole possession of Radiohead's 'Creep'. It's my song. Live with it.

No comments: