08 September 2008

i had a catchy title, but i forgot what is was


What an utterly catatonic Sunday. I spent a total of 10 and a half hours being comatose in front of the idiot box. Quite an accomplishment, I must say; considering that I even declined invitations to Sunday tea (a weekly routine that hasn't been broken for ages). The fact that I started my TV marathon at 10 in the morning really puts things in perspective, with a two hour break for a nap. Sometimes I just amaze myself, I tell you. I reckon something must be scratching at the back of my mind, hence the need for an activity-free Sunday. I just wasn't in the mood to go out, or converse or even smoke. Suprising would be a mild description.


What I've gotta do is not follow a routine. I realised on Friday that weekends are slowly but surely beginning to have a noticeable pattern to them, starting with Fun Friday and culminating in Sleep-in Sunday. Saturdays are either spent recuperating from the previous day, or pondering on where 'da party at'. And considering that drinking/ clubbing is more or less confined to Backyard and Cavell's, the need to shatter any semblance of a regiment has now become a priority, a top one at that.


On saying that, my bank account is now beginning to show symptoms of substance abuse. Or should I say, ATM abuse. I can't really pinpoint where the ringgit went, though the extensive car service over the weekend would account for a sizeable chunk of cash. Roughly, I've spent close to RM 1300 on my car alone, from engine oil to motor insurance. A necessity, by any stretch, but an incredibly costly one as well. Guess the fuel rebate should go someway in resuscitating my bank balance.


The next page: I watched Perfect Stranger last night. It wasn't too bad, to be honest. An intriguing plot, and several twists and turns were sufficient to keep me hooked. But throughout the movie, I could feel a compounding sense of irritation whenever Halle Berry appeared on screen. She just irritates me, I tell you. I can't tell, however, if it's from her mediocre acting or mere appearance. A combination of both, at the expense of being uncertain. One can't help but root for the villain to dispose of her. Well, it didn't happen in Gothika, definitely not in X-Men and disappointingly enough, not last night.

Sigh. One can hope, right?


NB: I've decided to use Arial for the month of September, keeping in line with the need to be more spontaneous.



No comments: