17 February 2009

turbo boost and leather jackets


What's this I hear, a modern, souped up Knight Rider is about to hit the TV channels?

Apparently there was a KR made-for-TV movie sometime last week. And based on those who watched it, KITT should have really rolled on towards the sunset and not reversed. It's quite sad to watch 80's cultural icons being rehashed and revamped to suit modern tastes. I reckon series' like KR, A-Team, Airwolf and such should be preserved as some sort of national heritage, and never be repackaged. In fact series' shouldn't be allowed to be made into movies. The most obvious flop to bomb out is Miami Vice. That's one flick that should be retitled 'How to Keep Moustaches and Goatees'.


I've no issues when it comes to cartoons, though. Who wouldn't want to watch their childhood heroes come to life. Think Transformers. Yet even then, fuck-ups do happen. Here's something to jog your memory: He-Man, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Dungeons & Dragons (a major source of consternation on my part).

Hmm, so what would I like to see brought to life? The list is long, I can say that. Off the top of my head:

Robotech
Jem and The Holograms (don't ask)
My Little Pony (I said don't ask)
Visionaries
Thundercats
Samurai X (okay, I'm allowed one anime)
Johnny Quest
Voltron

Like I said, it's quite long.

No comments: