23 July 2008

birthday bites

I’m 32 today.

Doesn’t seem that much different than when I was 31. Or 30 for that matter.

Was planning to head off to gym after work; then I received a large cookie during lunch. What the heck, indulge first, exercise later. Besides, no amount of exercising will make significant inroads into the calories I’m going to be consuming today, what with the cakes, and chocolates, and dinner tonight. Might as well savour these culinary delights (yes, when one is on a health regime, even nasi lemak becomes a culinary delight) and burn them off tomorrow. Or maybe next week, since the weekend is almost upon me.

What, no pledges? No birthday declarations. Nope, none whatsoever. What will be done, will be done. That way, there’s no pressure and ultimate failure when addressing and evaluating these ‘vows’.

So anyways, half my birthday has already passed, and the second half beckons. Temple, dinner and probably coffee later as I ponder on past discretions and future plans. Postponing the alcohol-laced celebrations to either Friday or Saturday; more time to recover the subsequent day. Though the fact that salary will only be disbursed on Sunday is somewhat of a dampener.

Ah well, that’s how it is, such is life.

Happy Birthday to Me.

No comments: