07 July 2008

i wear my sunglasses at night

A tiring weekend, due more to late nights than actual activities.

4 AM on Friday AND Saturday night. But no tears, unlike Gwen.

Attended a party on Saturday, and was a bit taken aback by certain characters. Though I was also bemused, and entertained. Yet it is not a party I would readily attend again in the near future, at least, not with the same crowd. The party itself was anything but boring, at the same time it was anything but enjoyable. It was one of those events that hover between great and gross, a party you'd talk about over a cup of coffee, but would be loathe to recall to memory.

So a new week is upon us. Nothing as yet to make me anticipate an eventful 7 days, in this week-to-week existence that I've embraced, albeit unwillingly. Sunday nights are beginning to bring me down; I can't usually find a reason to look forward to Monday. Do I need a holiday? Yes. Should I go for a holiday? No. Not for the moment at least. Financial famine. Dough drought.

Another night, another day
What can I say
You're still the same old brand new you

Well, at least I'm coming to terms with current events. I've contrived to let the cat out of the bag, a little by little. Though I really don't know what I'm expecting as response. Sympathy? Nope. Understanding? Doubt it. Empathy? Never crossed my mind. Then again, am I really looking for a response? I'm not too sure. A matter-of-factly one would be quite welcome, truth be told.

Perhaps I need a change in routine. Something to shake up my day. Got to look forward to things, instead of waving them aside absently.

I need a reason. Damn.

No comments: