21 July 2008

picture perfect

I was organising my photo albums on Picasa, and, for a brief moment in time, was swept along memory lane as I reacquainted myself with days gone by. To me, days of joy and fun and without a care in the world, like the seasons in the sun.

Doesn't help that a colleague is playing PJ and Duncan's Eternal Love, from some ten years ago, maybe more. Really nostalgic. Danced many a cheek-to-cheek to the repetitive chorus of those one-hit wonders.

But yeah, back to the photos. From Fraser's two years ago to the most recent Thai odyssey, plenty of happy faces devoid of the frowns and lines so commonly seen when we're back in town. Am I like the only one who wishes life was one big holiday, made up of many, many shorter vacations? I think I am. That's the Dreamer in me, the oft-maligned manifestation admonished for detaching itself from Reality. But then again, if we do not detach ourselves from Reality ever so often, we face the inevitable - the burn-out, the meltdown.

Guess the only feasible option remains a good ol' chilled mug of beer, or a well-mixed whiskey Coke. Just missed happy hours at Chilis, but the restaurant next to it is offering beers at RM 10 a mug. So what the hell, yes it's Monday, yes no one's free, but who cares eh?

Cheers!

1 comment:

me. said...

thanks, Anesha :)