05 August 2008

tuesday teeters out

Working Tuesday has finally crawled to an end. Hurrah, hurrah! Next up, Wednesday. A tough proposition, but not one that's impossible. Doesn't help that I've to be in early tomorrow, that itself being quite a challenge.

Completely wasted my workout last night on a plate of fried rice. Yes, it was home-cooked, yes it was delicious, and yes, I was famished. But still, I should have had more willpower. The Diet Coke after the meal made me feel slightly less guilty, what with the 'Zero' calories in the beverage. Yes, illusion is an integral part of everyday life.

Ever since I felt compelled to change my Facebook status quite some time back (i.e. yesterday), I've been inundated with sms-es and email pointing out that there seemed to be some glitch in my Profile section. When informed of the validity of the status, an awkward moment of silence, followed by a nervous 'oh', before the cat starts approaching the Grim Reaper. I think one song that pretty much sums up what I'm thinking (currently) is Bon Jovi's 'This Ain't a Love Song'. Chanced upon it on my playlist, and found it oddly relatable (I never knew such a word existed). Then again, Billy Ocean claims there'll be love songs to make everyone cry. Yeah, seriously.

Still stumped on what I plan to do year end. Contemplating a getaway; the destination isn't materialising in my mind. Phuket is the obvious choice (not again, I hear you say). Though I'm more inclined for somewhere less visited. There's Langkawi, but it isn't really fun when you're alone there. Maybe Siem Reap or even Saigon (sounds so much better than Uncle Ho City), even though Hanoi seems the more exciting of Vietnam's two most famous cities. Decisions, decisions. Then again, what's my rush? It's not like I have spare space hidden somewhere in my credit cards; au contraire, they're bursting at the seams with unpaid credit. Yeah, I know, so what else is new, isn't it?

On a more pressing matter closer to the present, do I head to California or PJ? Dilemma, that one. I'm not really in the mood for working out, but neither am I up for another session swelling the smelly pockets of the mamak in State. Maybe I should have my cake and eat it. Workout, then do my nescafe kurang manis routine.

I ponder, with an unlit cigarette in my hand.


No comments: