28 October 2008

festival of lights, marlboro and all.


I just realised my previous post was a full week ago. Have I been that busy? Or is it further proof that time flies?


Either way, I'm quite surprised I haven't posted at least one rant in the past seven days. Maybe I'm more forgiving eh?

The Festival of Lights has come and gone, leaving me poorer financially and richer cholesterol-wise. My word, it was just one meal after another, all in front of the TV. From spicy chicken curry to sweet milk kovas, it was one sinful indulgence after another. And now it's payback, big time. It's going to be one long, arduous workout routine, this week and the next.

Went to Sanctuary on Deepavali eve, after a very long time. Good to see nothing has changed, much. Except the Ice Bar, don't recall it being that cold. I think the situation wasn't helped by the fact that I (and some amigos) entered the Arctic zone dripping with sweat after some age-defying moves on the dance floor (i.e. around our table area). I felt the sweat down my back freeze, literally. Still wondering if the two test tubes of Bailey's which I downed were a big help in warming up my insides, or merely overpriced shots. I must say, Sanctuary is quite a decent joint; it'd be a better place if the crowd were more heterogeneous and the damn janitors more mannered. Seriously.

But yeah, recreation-wise, it was a good weekend. Friday's stint in Bistro 7, Saturday's feast in Jarrod's and Sunday's feet-tapping fare in the Curve somehow revitalised the youth in me. And most importantly, I didn't spend any of the three nights puffing away at some mamak. Well, I did yesterday, but that just served to wind down the weekend's festivities. Can I just say Darussalam Mamak in SS 15 is quite happening, especially the first floor? Nice decor, nicer patrons, if you get my drift. Watching who comes up the stairs can be quite, well, engaging.

Let me end this post by wishing all readers a belated Happy Deepavali (since everybody celebrates everything in Malaysia) and enjoy the curries and sweets, or what's left of them.

No comments: