31 March 2009

peering over the fence

Thus far it's all quiet on the western front. No outward signs of warmth or affection. Which is good, of course. I think. Makes life a whole lot easier, this weaning off process. I think, no, I feel I'm doing a decent enough job of not stumbling into the pit again. I must say though, ambivalence and apathy can be very, very difficult to project, and maintain. Very difficult indeed.

Why have I got a sudden increase in spots on my face? Dammit! Now I'm beginning to display symptoms of a 16-year old. As if the whining and pouting weren't juvenile enough.

I was told gay people get it on more times than straight ones. I wonder how true that is. Does sexual orientation strongly influence frequency of copulation? Then again, comparing gay and straight joints, the patrons in the former tend to be less inhibited with their actions and appear to be more 'warm' than their more conventional counterparts. One really feels the 'love' spreading around Frangi's on Friday nights, that's for sure. Which would correlate directly with bedroom activity; almost every gay couple heads off for a menage a tois, most straight swingers tend to congregate in the mamaks after that, cursing their misfortune at not being able to pick up girls, and vice versa.

And why am I writing about this topic? I don't know; guess my mind was distracted by an article I was reading minutes ago, on Rock Hudson. Yep, the epitome of machismo, the man's man, the icon of manhood. Until he stumbled out of the closet.

"We don't judge." Coined some time back in Langkawi, after a couple of several drinks; I reckon it's a mantra for a more peaceful life. After the piper has played, does it really matter who swings which way, or who likes what, or who wears what? Everyone has to pay the piper in due time, so why the need to look over one's shoulder, peep through the hole, peek under the table to see and judge what others are doing? One of Man's greatest failings is pointing out the speck in another's eye, without realising the plank in his or her own.

Okay, that came out rather preachy I felt.

For the next couple of days, I'm going to do a spot of people-watching. Something to kill time, like those old, old people in nursing homes or in one of those rustic small towns in England; Midsommer comes to mind instantly. I'll just watch the world go by, and the people with it. I'm sure that should provide enough ammunition for one decent post, at the very least.

And maybe I might just copy down my thoughts into a notebook. Heard of it? It's ye big, and can be written upon. I know, it's 2009, laptops, baby, laptops. When I do have excess cash to spend, then yes. For now, the two ringgit notebook will have to suffice. Or maybe a three dollar one, for a touch of elegance.

No comments: